Monday, June 9, 2008

Emergency Room


Yes, I was in the emergency room today because Brady thought it would be a good idea to swallow a QUARTER. How does a two year old swallow a quarter? I don't think I could swallow a quarter. SHEESH! Brady was at my Mom's house, and she left the room for a moment. My Mom was beside herself, as she got through raising two kids and a granddaughter without anyone swallowing anything they shouldn't.

I am not a worrier, as most of you know, and so I was not worried, but my Mom wanted me to call our doctor since Brady was whining a little and said his belly hurt. For safety reasons the Doctor suggested we go to the ER to have x rays done, to be sure the quarter had made its way to his stomach. When my Mom told Brady that he was going to the doctor, he immediately informed her that his tummy no longer hurt and that he was fine. She took him anyway.

Brady was a very good boy at the ER and did everything the nurses and doctors asked him to, even though he was a little scared. He is a very brave boy.

So, now I joyously get to look through his diaper each day to see if the quarter comes out. Yoohoo!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Every diaper has a silver lining!

Carrie said...

Oh, the joys of motherhood!